- Follow along with our short videos with quick and fun ways to get active and increase focus and performance.
- Order the Move2Learn-At-Home Toolkit that is chock full of fun heart-rate-elevating brain boosts.
- Learn simple ways parents and guardians can help children stay on-task through movement.
“Thank you so much for what you do! The website has really helpful information and videos, and the fitness cube and wall clock poster are a big hit!” –ACPS Parent
Combine quick-wit, a gleeful laugh, and an appropriate amount of sass, and you have Elizabeth Lucchesi. Elizabeth founded the LizLuke Team in 2003 and is the lead realtor.
Read more »
Introducing Alex Rotruck! Alex works on RunningBrooke’s Move2Learn programs within the ACPS system, helping to get kids active throughout the school day and keep them primed for learning.
Read more »
What is the Virtual PLUS+ Childcare Program and Virtual School?
The ACPS Virtual PLUS+ School Day & Afterschool Program is a free, full day program offered in partnership with the City of Alexandria Department of Recreation,
Read more »
- Backed by science, brain boosting activities increase focus and on-task behavior, improving academic performance.
- The innovative Move2Learn Toolkit contains fun, heart-rate-elevating brain boosts that teachers use where they have the most impact – right in the classroom.
- Teacher trainings provide hands-on personal and group training on simple ways teachers can add movement throughout the school day.
“The floor wobblers/discs provided a great change of position allowing movement for those who often struggled to be seated in the same place for any length of time.” –ACPS Teacher
- Tens of thousands of kids get active in programs across Alexandria through Move2Learn Partner Grants and Teacher Mini-Grants.
- Partner Grants provide funding for before, during, and after school movement programs at ACPS schools.
- Teacher Mini-Grants fund ACPS teacher-identified classroom movement materials to add movement into their classrooms.
“I did some rearranging to accommodate more flexible seating and movement. I can’t wait to add the rest of the items from the grant!” –ACPS Teacher
- Neighborhood playgrounds build communities and meet the needs of our youngest citizens, as well as the after-school and weekend crowds.
- Past playground builds have transformed the Hume Springs community in Arlandria and the Taney Avenue community in the West End.
- We also completed a neighborhood-changing community playground at Four Mile Run in Arlandria.
Part of our organization’s history includes building playgrounds in underserved communities with the highest percentage of kids under 5!