- Follow along with our short videos with quick and fun ways to get active and increase focus and performance.
- Order the Move2Learn-At-Home Toolkit that is chock full of fun heart-rate-elevating brain boosts.
- Learn simple ways parents and guardians can help children stay on-task through movement.
“Thank you so much for what you do! The website has really helpful information and videos, and the fitness cube and wall clock poster are a big hit!” –ACPS Parent
We’re excited to announce our 2020-2021 Move2Learn Grant Partners, a program that provides funding to Alexandria City Public Schools’ educators for fun and interactive programs that promote physical activity,
Read more »
We hope everyone is doing well and keeping up their Brain Boosts to stay primed for learning and keeping on task!
We were so happy that so many people participated in the Alexandria Walk the Block kick-off on the first day of school.
Read more »
RunningBrooke is sparking a movement revolution in classrooms and schools. By integrating creative and sustainable movement practices and programs into the school day, we enhance academic performance and empower all students to achieve long-term success.
Read more »
- Backed by science, brain boosting activities increase focus and on-task behavior, improving academic performance.
- The innovative Move2Learn Toolkit contains fun, heart-rate-elevating brain boosts that teachers use where they have the most impact – right in the classroom.
- Teacher trainings provide hands-on personal and group training on simple ways teachers can add movement throughout the school day.
“The floor wobblers/discs provided a great change of position allowing movement for those who often struggled to be seated in the same place for any length of time.” –ACPS Teacher
- Tens of thousands of kids get active in programs across Alexandria through Move2Learn Partner Grants and Teacher Mini-Grants.
- Partner Grants provide funding for before, during, and after school movement programs at ACPS schools.
- Teacher Mini-Grants fund ACPS teacher-identified classroom movement materials to add movement into their classrooms.
“I did some rearranging to accommodate more flexible seating and movement. I can’t wait to add the rest of the items from the grant!” –ACPS Teacher
- Neighborhood playgrounds build communities and meet the needs of our youngest citizens, as well as the after-school and weekend crowds.
- Past playground builds have transformed the Hume Springs community in Arlandria and the Taney Avenue community in the West End.
- We also completed a neighborhood-changing community playground at Four Mile Run in Arlandria.
Part of our organization’s history includes building playgrounds in underserved communities with the highest percentage of kids under 5!