- Follow along with our short videos with quick and fun ways to get active and increase focus and performance.
- Order the Move2Learn-At-Home Toolkit that is chock full of fun heart-rate-elevating brain boosts.
- Learn simple ways parents and guardians can help children stay on-task through movement.
“Thank you so much for what you do! The website has really helpful information and videos, and the fitness cube and wall clock poster are a big hit!” –ACPS Parent
**UPDATED WEEKLY!** With schools across Virginia closed and teaching and learning moved online, home is the new classroom for the foreseeable future. But being stuck inside is hard!
Read more »
These past several months have challenged us all —as individuals, as groups, and as a country. To be sure, the coronavirus pandemic has turned our world upside down and taken the lives of so many.
Read more »
- Backed by science, brain boosting activities increase focus and on-task behavior, improving academic performance.
- The innovative Move2Learn Toolkit contains fun, heart-rate-elevating brain boosts that teachers use where they have the most impact – right in the classroom.
- Teacher trainings provide hands-on personal and group training on simple ways teachers can add movement throughout the school day.
“The floor wobblers/discs provided a great change of position allowing movement for those who often struggled to be seated in the same place for any length of time.” –ACPS Teacher
- Tens of thousands of kids get active in programs across Alexandria through Move2Learn Partner Grants and Teacher Mini-Grants.
- Partner Grants provide funding for before, during, and after school movement programs at ACPS schools.
- Teacher Mini-Grants fund ACPS teacher-identified classroom movement materials to add movement into their classrooms.
“I did some rearranging to accommodate more flexible seating and movement. I can’t wait to add the rest of the items from the grant!” –ACPS Teacher
- Neighborhood playgrounds build communities and meet the needs of our youngest citizens, as well as the after-school and weekend crowds.
- Past playground builds have transformed the Hume Springs community in Arlandria and the Taney Avenue community in the West End.
- We also completed a neighborhood-changing community playground at Four Mile Run in Arlandria.
Part of our organization’s history includes building playgrounds in underserved communities with the highest percentage of kids under 5!