Past Grants – 2018-2019 Academic Year
RunningBrooke Celebrates our 2018-2019
Move2Learn Grant Partners
In August 2018, RunningBrooke awarded grants totaling $72,950 for the 2018-2019 academic year to partners within Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS), as well as nonprofit partners working with kids before, during, and after school. This round of grants is in addition to the $108,749 already invested into the Alexandria community through RunningBrooke’s spring 2018 Move2Learn grant awards. $11,018 was also awarded to teachers in the newly initiated Mini-Grant Program during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Historically, RunningBrooke awarded grants once per year, with the funds distributed in late January. In 2019, grants will be awarded at the start of the academic year. This change in timing was made to align with the school year and allows for maximum impact of RunningBrooke’s Move2Learn program, which aims to increase activity levels of students specifically during the school day.
The 2018–2019 Move2Learn grants were awarded to thirteen different programs across ten ACPS schools and the LINK club at Brent Place Apartments, for a total of $41,450 and eight nonprofit partners, the majority of whom work within ACPS, for a total of $31,500.
RunningBrooke’s 2018–2019 partners
ACPS classrooms and programs:
- ACPS Splash Swim Program
- Ferdinand T. Day Elementary (Imagination Playground, STEM Bikes, and Pedals & Pages)
- Jefferson Houston School (Kindergarten Math and Play)
- Minnie Howard Campus of TC Williams High School (Outdoor Giant Games)
- Matthew Maury Elementary (Equipment for outdoor movement and learning)
- Cora Kelly Elementary (Bikes in the Library)
- LINK Club After School Program (PK Move, YoKid Yoga, All Starz Dance)
- ACPS Move2Learn Brain Boost Book Pouches
- Communities in Schools of NOVA
- Friends of Huntley Meadows Park
- Girls on the Run of NOVA
- Jane Franklin Dance
- The Local Motion Project