Move2Learn Partner and Mini-Grants
Our job at RunningBrooke is simple: to get kids physically active to spark happier, healthier, learning-ready students through our Move2Learn and Move2Learn-at-Home programs, created for school and home. The more movement children get during the school day, the more they can focus and the more confident they feel, with outcomes supporting the mastery of school subjects.
Grants in Action
Together with our ACPS partners, we served nearly 14,000 students in the 2019-2020 school year.
In partnership with our teachers and administrators, RunningBrooke has:
- Established before- and after-school movement programs.
- Installed sensory/educational hallways to cultivate kinesthetic learning for children of all ages.
- Provided materials supporting math and language arts learning through movement.
- Funded small movement equipment such as stability balls, flexible seating, standing desks, wiggle cushions, stretch bands, heart rate monitors and yoga and fitness decks.
- Funded large movement equipment such as life-sized building blocks that get students moving while learning, stationary bikes that students can ride while they read and learn and standing desks.
The Nuts and Bolts
To make the greatest impact possible, we consider programs provided by ACPS teachers and schools that meet the following criteria:
- Use exercise and/or movement before, during or after school to activate children’s brains to improve academic performance.
- Have outcomes consistent with our focus areas: Kinesthetic learning, focus and on-task behaviors, and classroom community and well-being.
Move2Learn Partner Grants
Move2Learn Partner Grants provide up to $10,000 to Alexandria City Public Schools teachers and schools. We encourage teachers and administrators to apply for initiatives spanning multiple classrooms, grades or schools. Preference is given to programs that provide and support physical activity before academic learning. RunningBrooke will consider grants for intersession programs. Learn more about our 2020-2021 grant partners and programs.
Move2Learn Teacher Mini-Grants directly fund ACPS teachers’ requests for classroom movement-related materials or training up to $500. With a short application and quick turnaround time, Mini-Grants directly fund ACPS teachers’ requests of up to $500 for creative and lasting movement-related equipment. If accepted, these applications are funded within 30 days.
The application period for these grants is currently closed and will reopen in the fall and spring of the 2020-2021 school year. Please check back here or with your administrator for updates.