We’re excited to announce our that our 2021-2022 Move2Learn Grant Applications are NOW OPEN!
Our job at RunningBrooke is simple: to get kids physically active to spark happier, healthier, learning-ready students through our Move2Learn and Move2Learn-at-Home programs, created for school and home. The more movement children get during the school day, the more they can focus and the more confident they feel, with outcomes supporting the mastery of school subjects.
The Nuts and Bolts
RunningBrooke’s Move2Learn Grants provide funding to Alexandria City Public Schools’ educators for fun and interactive programs that promote physical activity, giving kids the best opportunities to thrive during the school day. Science shows that getting regular exercise and movement is essential for academic and social development.
To make the greatest impact possible, we have 2 exciting opportunities this year for ACPS teachers and schools:
1. Move2Learn Active Seating Packages
Active seating promotes focus and concentration and squashes time-consuming disruptions for students who need to keep moving, plus it’s fun! In a study out of Texas A&M, active seating has been shown to increase engagement and efficiency by 15-25% in students.
We’ve created 3 exciting active seating packages that teachers can choose among. Check them out here.
The application process is simple! Just tell us why an active seating package is important to you in your classroom and how it will help your students become better learners.
This application closes on May 31, 2021 and packages will be awarded by June 15th. Apply here!
2. Move2Learn Partner Grants
Movement throughout the school day promotes focus and concentration, and squashes time-consuming disruptions for students who need to keep moving to keep learning. Teachers know best, and here, you can tell us what you need most for your classroom and school!
Our Move2Learn Partner Grants provide up to $7,500 to ACPS teachers and schools to fund creative and impactful proposals. Incorporate movement to facilitate learning – think sensory hallways, before-school fitness programs, classroom movement packs, or your great idea! We encourage teachers and administrators to apply for initiatives spanning multiple classrooms, grades or schools.
This application closes on June 30, 2021 and grant awards will be announced by July 31st. Apply here!
We recently held a Professional Development training on the grants application process, which we recorded. We’re sure you’ll find some helpful nuggets if you speed through!
Past Grants in Action
Together with our ACPS partners, we served nearly 4,000 students in the 2020-2021 school year.
In partnership with our teachers and administrators, RunningBrooke has:
- Installed sensory/educational hallways to cultivate kinesthetic learning for children of all ages.
- Established before- and after-school movement programs.
- Provided materials supporting math and language arts learning through movement.
- Funded small movement equipment such as stability balls, flexible seating, standing desks, wiggle cushions, stretch bands, heart rate monitors and yoga and fitness decks.
- Funded large movement equipment such as life-sized building blocks that get students moving while learning, stationary bikes that students can ride while they read and learn and standing desks.