RunningBrooke’s success in improving Alexandria is because of YOU. Business leaders, like you, are stepping forward to provide the dollars needed to to ensure that all of Alexandria’s children can succeed in school. We thank you!
RunningBrooke is driven by determination and a fierce focus on what we call Move2Learn. We team up with companies, community leaders, hardworking nonprofits and Alexandria residents to draw attention to the crucial intersection of physical movement and learning. We seek to foster dialogue and spur real-world impact. We envision a city where all of Alexandria’s kids have realistic opportunities to succeed in life. As RunningBrooke’s founder, I invite you to join our team!
We have made great progress, but we have so much left to do. We know that over 44% of our 2 to-5 year olds are overweight, and that 30% of our kids don’t pass their 3rd grade tests, an important indicator of future success. What’s exciting is that we also know, backed by lots of science, that physically active kids outperform their peers in school. Free play for young children and physical activity literally builds the architecture of the brain and fuels learning.
RunningBrooke has big plans to expand its footprint in 2016. We will get even more kids actively engaged and moving to fuel their learning. We will also be bringing together Alexandria’s community leaders, policy-makers, and nonprofits to our first Move2Learn Summit in June to inspire real community change! And yes, we will continue to fund innovative programs and renovate Alexandria’s playgrounds.
Can we count on you as a Corporate Partner in 2016? It’s only with your generous support that RunningBrooke can drive real-life change.
2016 Event Sponsorships & Corporate Partnership Add-On Options include the:
2016 Event Sponsorships & Corporate Partnership Add-On Options
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Tim McCord, visionary educator, is coming to Alexandria to inspire our educators, thought leaders, policy-makers and nonprofit partners to get kids moving. One of the first educators to connect physical activity with increased test scores, Mr. McCord rebuilt the Titusville, Pennsylvania Athletic Department to get kids moving before the school day begins. Test scores soared!
In 2004, Mr. McCord provided testimony before the House of Representatives Subcommittee about the importance of getting kids moving. Mr. McCord’s physical education program in Titusville has been featured in Newsweek, Time, U.S. News and World Report, and Ladies Home Journal. Mr. McCord founded the PE4Life Academy Training Center, and was awarded the Health Educator of the Year in 2003 and Coach of the Year in 2012 by the Pennsylvania State Association.
Position your business as an innovative thought leader and game changer in the community:
- High profile logo placement on all marketing and collateral materials
- Complimentary event tickets
Summit Sponsorships: $2,600 and $5,200: 1 ea.
Taney Avenue Playground
Fall 2016 Build
Change a neighborhood – build a playground! The Taney Avenue site affords lots of “natural” playscapes with hammock swings and climbing structures, trails, gardens, and more. Taney Avenue is nestled behind the Foxchase Apartment building just off Duke Street in the West End of Alexandria.
Need is great; the majority of homes in this area of the West End are led by a single parent households with income levels 250% below the Federal poverty line. Currently, there is no playground within safe walking distance for kids to run around, play, and explore.
Position your business as a philanthropic community leader:
- Premium logo placement on RunningBrooke website
- Tiered recognition on all Taney Avenue press releases, print and collateral materials
- Tiered logo on permanent park sign
- Team building for employees through our hands-on Playground Build Day
- Logo on volunteer T-shirts
Playground Sponsorship levels: $2,600, $5,200, $7,500, and $10,000+
Marine Corps Marathon
October 28th– 30th, 2016
The Marine Corps Marathon is the third largest marathon in the U.S. and draws over 30,000 runners and their families to the DMV. Because the event expo is moving from DC to the National Harbor, Alexandria (not Arlington) is set to be the new epicenter for runners. RunningBrooke is a partner of the Marine Corps Marathon, and will have a minimum of 100 runners running as part of our team. Each runner raises money through a fundraising page built out with stories, photos and logos.
Sponsorship affords a terrific opportunity for extensive reach to active, high net-worth individuals:
- Tiered logo placement on all runner tech-training shirts
- Tiered logo placement on all runner fundraising pages
- Logo on National and Regional marketing campaigns (electronic, print, social media — $7,500+)
- Marketing materials at MCM Expo booth (30,000 runners at 2-day MCM expo — $5,200+)
- MCM bibs for you and your colleagues ($5,200+, up to 6 bibs)
MCM Sponsorship levels: $2,600, $5,200, $7,500, and $10,000+
Expected reach: 210,000 impressions through paid ads ($7,500+), 4,000 RunningBrooke e-newsletter subscribers, and 5,000 impressions through runner fundraising pages
$1M Raised & 100 Marathon Run Celebration
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Our success is because of YOU and your partnership. Let’s celebrate together! Food. Fun. Libations. NO speeches!
- High profile recognition on invitations and collateral materials
- Up to 10 complimentary event tickets
- Vote on Brooke’s next crazy adventure… Run 5 marathons in 5 days in 5 different states? Run a marathon on the 8th continent (North Pole)? Run the Rim to Rim (one edge of the Grand Canyon to the other)? Help decide that night!
Milestone Sponsorship levels: $2,600, $5,200
Milestone Host Committee: $500
Let’s get started:
- Please remit your 100% tax-deductible sponsorship donation to: 107 S. West Street, #545, Alexandria, VA 22314. (check made payable to: “RunningBrooke”). Let us know if you need to be invoiced to generate a check.
- Online sponsorship donations may be made online, but please note a 4.9% processing fee.
100% of your sponsorship donation is tax-deductible as allowed by law, and serves at-risk kids by funding programs at proven Alexandria-based charities. There is no overhead (when sponsorship is paid by check).
In-Kind Sponsors & Event Sponsors:
We also love our In-Kind Sponsors and Event Sponsors that help us maximize revenue and keep expenses low. To donate an item or service, please email us at: email@example.com. To see a list of our upcoming events, check out our Calendar at the bottom of this page to see which event appeals to you and your target audience.
View our Corporate Sponsors here.