Our Grant Process
RunningBrooke gives priority to nonprofit organizations and classrooms that serve children who reside in the City of Alexandria and are at-risk and under-served. To make the greatest impact possible, we will consider programs that meet the following criteria:
- Use exercise and/or movement before, during or after school to activate children’s brains to improve scholastic performance (Move2Learn).
- Have articulated measurable outcomes consistent with our focus area.
Wile we prioritize applications from organizations who meet the above criteria, consideration will also be given to other groups and movement programs whose outcomes are measured by an increase in Positive Attitude, Focus, Confidence or Happiness/Emotional IQ.
Grant requests will be considered by a panel of judges based on the above criteria.
- Grant applications must be submitted to RunningBrooke by December 31, 2016.
- Recipients will be announced by the end of January 2017.
- The 2017 Move2Learn Grant Awards Ceremony will take place in February 2017.
The Application due date for 2017 is December 31, 2016.
- Please do not hesitate to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
All applications for 2017 should now be submitted for review.
Expectations of Grant Recipients:
- Define your expected outcomes, how you will measure them, and be willing to share this data with RunningBrooke.
- Be willing to schedule site visits from RunningBrooke representatives to see your program in action.
- Use the grant exclusively for the purpose stated in the proposal.
- Attend and/or volunteer at RunningBrooke events in 2017.
- Acknowledge Move2Learn grant from RunningBrooke in your marketing and communications materials, such as website and newsletter.
- Have a representative available to attend the Awards Ceremony in February.
- Submit a mid-term report by July 15, 2017 documenting your progress on the proposed program.
- Submit a final report by December 31, 2017.